Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Hooper Family Vacation....
Well, we finally are officially over with the summer! Our first family vacation turned out to be so much fun. We were not at the beach, but the lake was just as good. The city of Granbury was so cute and quaint and the perfect place to be when you get 3 couples and 5 kids together for a group trip. We never seemed to be lacking a place to go to keep the troupes entertained. First day we took the kids to a jump house and let them wear themselves out. Saturday, we went to Fossil Rim where you drive through a scenic ride on 1800 acres where animals can come up an eat out of your hand. Nothing was more awesome to me than when the giraffe paid us a visit. One minute he was at my window, and the next I looked up to literally being face-to-face with his gigantic muzzle looking at me like "Where is my food??". I was scared at first but became amazed at what I was experiencing!! That was a huge highlight of our trip. I know we didn't go to a real beach, but the city of Granbury came up with their own version that satisfied our cravings!! The kids had so much fun in the sand and soaking up the sun. Coming back from our trip was a little sad but I had such a good time and can't wait to plan the next one. It was the perfect end to our summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time, congratulations! I would have loved to have seen a giraffe! Doesn't matter that it wasn't the beach, that doesn't make a "family" vacation. It doesn't matter if it's a pond or a beach, a mountain or a molehill, point is you were all together and that is all that matters. Glad you were able to have a summer vacation together but sorry that it has to come to an end =(
I'm so glad you had fun.....Avery looks so excited. Now its time for the cold weather:)
Yeah!!!! I know you were SO looking forward to your vacay! You got some great shots mama. Did you all rent this house or was it one of your friend's lake houses. Good times!! Avery is so freakin' cute. I wanna see her!!! Cassidy would be all over her wanting to "mommy" her. Tell Marc we said Hi:)
Post a Comment