We had Avery's 18 month "well" check-up today and it sucked! It was ok except for she had to get 3 shots which I wasn't prepared for!! My friend, Jenifer, said Kaitlyn didn't get any for this apt, so I was looking forward to not having to watch my child scream and cry b/c they hurt so bad. No such luck and we ended up with 3 that luckily Marc was there for b/c he got to be the bad guy and hold her down while I was the one she immediatley wanted when they were done shooting her little ham-hock legs full of vaccines. But, the Dr. is very pleased w/ her developement and very impressed with everything she pointed out on her body. I know it isn't a big deal to people with no kids but when the Dr. asked her where her "hair" was she immediatley pointed to her head AND she knew where her "bobo" was too!! On the way to the Dr.'s office, Marc was doing "1-2-3"'s w/ her and she would say the number coming next before he would. Of course we think that this means she is of genius level which is good since some random man told us yesterday that the competitive level of getting into good state colleges you have to be in the top 10% of your class, means that she might have a chance!! :-) Anyway, here are her little baby stats:
HEIGHT: 32" - 65% (percentile)
WEIGHT: 23.6 LB - 35%
HEAD: 19" - 90% (yes, my child has a HUGE noggin but she needs the big brain so she can get into a good school!!)
These pics are before her shots so she was in a good mood playing w/ Dr. Nale's reflex hammer. The blurry one of her leg is b/c I took a pic of her very first freckle!!! I am acting as if I don't already know that she won't end up head-to-toe with them considering what her parents look like, but it was pretty exciting. Oh, and to pass the time while waiting for the shots, Marc and I played w/ the Dr.'s ear scope and looked inside A's ears and got to see first hand what an ear infection looks like AND we got to see her tubes!! Pretty cool when your husband knows a little something about these things and he can point them out to you!!!!!




2 comments:
Oops! Kaitlynn did get shots for the 18 month but not for her 21 month appointment. Sorry, asking me to go back 3 months is hard to do with prego-brain =)
Always be prepared for shots, that's my adivce!
Scratch that....Kaitlynn didn't get any shots at her 18 months appointment, she got them at her 15month and didn't have a 21 month follow up. I had to go back and read my own blog post in August to figure that out. So, I guess every doctor is different and maybe Kait got those shots at 15 months. Whew, makes me feel better to know that I am not totally losing it, ha!
Post a Comment