My Mom turned 58 yesterday and what better way to party down then to get all 3 of my sisters in the same room together (and the 4 kids between us) for the entire evening. Normally this would end up in some kind of fight between one of us but I think since Carol has come back to TX for the first time in almost 10 years, things have definitely changed. We have become true friends and the night turned out fun. We literally did each others hair (I colored Tina's (older sister) and got rid of that dang grey streak she had and Lincoln (my niece) colored Carol's hair) and then sat around like a bunch of old women playing cards. My Mom (and Micah) wanted baby Avery to spend the night but after fighting with her to go down for nearly 30 minutes, I said that she just hasn't been feeling good and I really wanted for her to be home with me and sleep in her own bed. Plus, she had her shots yesterday and there was a good chance she would run fever b/c of them. THANK GOODNESS...b/c when she got up this morning, I could tell she just didn't feel right by the way she literally just laid in my arms like a limp noodle. She didn't talk, she didn't hug, and she didn't give me my morning kiss either. I just figured she felt as awful as I did (have the worst sore throat of my life and serious drainage) and just let her be held by her Mommy. All of a sudden, she just started projectile vomiting all over me (seriously..think of the little girl from the exorcist!!!) and all I could do was pick her up in my arms and rush her into my bathroom where I am screaming at Marc to get out of bed and help me! I put her and myself in the tub and stripped her down (I am still covered in it) and just started sobbing b/c I KNEW she didn't feel well and it absolutely breaks your heart when it is your own kid. I think she feels much better now b/c we actually got a smile out of her and a little laugh. Right now, she is exactly where she is the happiest and sleeping with her Daddy in our bed! I would have taken a pic but didn't want to risk waking either of them up! So glad I have the entire week off so that she and I can both get sick!! The universe is weird like that. Anyway...better today than tomorrow! I have got a ton of food to make and a ton of eating to do. I am sure we will both feel much better by Turkey Day!!
Isn't it interesting how you can despise your siblings while growing up, but turn out to be the best of friends as adults!! I wouldn't change it for the world!
1 comment:
Isn't it interesting how you can despise your siblings while growing up, but turn out to be the best of friends as adults!! I wouldn't change it for the world!
Post a Comment