Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mardi Gras 2008!!



So, I am back from canjun-town and feel sad! I cried when Jen dropped me off at the airport and then cried on the phone to my Mom once inside my terminal. I was excited to get back home to see Avery except Avery wasn't that excited to see me! My Dad was with me so she immediatley bipassed me and went straight to him. That's ok b/c her latest thing is to tell me she loves me and I got plenty of that last night when she and I rekindled our love for one another. I think she really gets mad when I am gone for a couple of days and needs to let me have it before she forgives me. Oh well, it was worth the time we got together last night.

But, on a brighter note...I had such a good time visiting my girls in Louisianna! We ate, drank, and laughed until we just couldn't take anymore! Jen and her family made some of the best food ever and of course I got to get some of the Lafayette favorites like stuffed snowcones, drive-through daquiris, and an assortment of King Cakes! Since it was mardi-gras, I got to experience some of the true craziness as to how this town likes to celebrate! But the people are so nice and made me feel right at home. Friday night Jen and I just got to catch up until we literally couldn't keep our eyes open. Saturday, Jen let me take care of Brook so that she could get a little nap (which didn't last long) and then Jen, her Mom, and I got to have a girls night out that evening. We had a total blast!!! Sunday was Super Bowl and of course there was no shortage of food and drinks. Oh, and that little Brooke sure was cute too!! She smiled at me several times AND reminded me how changing an infants diaper is something you approach with serious caution!!! They literally can explode at any moment! I didn't mind though b/c she was just so sweet and so good! She literally slept through the entire Super Bowl to the point where you kinda forget she was there! Jen is handling "mommyhood" like a champ and I was just so proud and happy for her. Thank you so much for all the love, food, and wine you gave me while I was there! Maybe I will be back in April for your favorite festival!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like you guys had a blast. maggie, looks like you look very satisfied holding and feeding the baby..............maybe time for number 2!!!!!!!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter