Sunday, March 2, 2008

Teeth are NOT for biting!!



We have been having some "issues" at day-care and Avery has decided it best to vocalize herself when frustrated by biting. I have a very heavy heart regarding this whole situation b/c I feel like I have let her down as a parent b/c of something I did or didn't do. What did I do different from all my other friends who seem to have the perfect child and somehow I get the "angry" one who I feel like will grow up to be that kid who hates and despises their parents and will be a complete deviant. Every time I enter the day-care facility, I feel like I am carrying the burden of the scarlet letter right on my chest. I don't make eye contact with anyone and I secretly pray as I walk down that lonely corridor to my child's classroom that she had a good day. I know they gossip about me and say behind my back that I am a bad parent and that I have no right being a Mom. They treat me like I am stupid and I have been "told" that the newest director does not like Avery and wants her out. How does someone hate a child who is barely two and can't even speak for herself???? I hate every day that I send her to this "puppy mill-of-a-daycare" and can't wait for a time in our lives when I don't have to do it anymore. They all bite (some way more than others) and Avery still has a scar on her upper arm from another kid who drew blood over 4 weeks ago. My friend, Courtney, knows how much this bothers me and thought she would lend some friendly help. She sent Avery this book on Friday and we have read it already maybe 40 times. This is Avery reading it in the car on Friday when she got it. It is her favorite book and every time we get to the part that says "teeth are NOT for biting" Avery always shakes her little pointer finger and says "no, no Mommy". Will it stop her from biting? I have no idea but at least it is a start!! Thanks Court for the thoughtfulness and the encouragement that you always give me!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope it helps!! She looks cute reading.

Anonymous said...

At least she is open minded to reading it =) Good luck, but she does at least deserve to bite back the little monster who taught it to her in the first place. After that, she'll have to quit, haha! Aunt Jen love you baby girl!

The Mitchells said...

i thought of you when Ella bit Will yesterday...at least we aren't alone in the crazy world of kids

Rozalyn Payne said...

Hey Mags, I have TONZ of friends who went through this...and Cassie use to bite US. I am so sorry that this is taking such a toll on you. Keep your chin up mama....this will pass.

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter