Monday, July 14, 2008
She came, she saw, she conquered...
...And now she's gone!! My BFF, Jen, just left me and I'm so sad! We had SUCH a good time while she was here though. We got to have an "adult" meal last Thursday night with no kids. It was nice to be able to complete a full sentence without one of our toddlers interrupting us. We spent all day Friday visiting with all our old friends. We had lunch at "Peggy-Poo's" (really Peggy Sue's but Jen changed that), went shopping, then off to Chuy's for happy hour and Fireside Pies for dinner. Saturday, I took her to breakfast at the Abundance where she said that she had the BEST chicken salad sandwich ever!! Yeah! We spend the rest of the day hanging by the pool at Shannon's house. Considering it was 102 outside, we were so thankful for Shan's hospitality. She is pregnant and a trooper to let us wino's come over!! We went to Two Row's Saturday night so that we could keep Marc company. Finally, Jen got her motorcycle ride on the way home and she loved it!! After breakfast yesterday morning, Kathy took her back to the airport b/c it is just too hard emotionally on me. Picking up is always the fun part but not dropping off. I was so sad when she left that Marc and I drove 3 hours total (round trip) to pick Avery up from my sister's house. I just needed a distraction and not to mention I completely missed the little booger! Thanks to everyone who made this weekend amazing!! Oh, and the "video" of us is b/c we thought we were taking a picture not a video. We laughed so hard over this b/c Jen blinks twice and I literally don't move just waiting for the flash! We crack ourselves up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
OMG....Dallas take me away! Haha! I miss you so much and just wish I could snap my fingers and be back! Coming home just made me miss you guys that much more....hmmmm....what does that say??? I can't wait for the next time and hopefully it won't be too far away! I love you!!!!
Post a Comment