First day we introduced her to her bed
Last night she thought it was fun to play in her bed
She is pretending to be going "nite-nite"!
She literally did this for an hour. She is finally comfortable in her own bed!!We put Avery in her "big-girl" bed and last night was night #2! We have had an awful time keeping her in her crib all night b/c she would wake up SCREAMING & crying in the middle of the night b/c she hated being in there all of a sudden. She spent all weekend sleeping with me in my bed. I could literally take her in my room, put her in my bed, kiss her on the head, and walk out the door and shut it and she would not move and go right to sleep. NO ROCKING HER AT ALL! But one night after being asleep for 2 hrs I attempted to move and transfer her to her crib. She woke up immediately and just cried so hard and clinging to me. So being tired and having no energy to fight with her, I just put her back in my bed. Monday though, I had enough. I have created too many bad habits with her (i.e. still rocking her at the age of 2) and this was not one I was willing to start. She didn't sleep with me as an infant, and I am not about to start it now. So on Monday, Marc turned her bed into a day-bed and we showed it to her when she got home from day-care and I couldn't keep her out of it! She absolutely thought it was the coolest thing!! I did rock her to sleep Monday night but I put her in her "big-girl bed" and she stayed there all night...well, sort of. I checked in on her the next morning before heading off to work and she was sleeping on the floor but the point is...she didn't sleep with me!! Last night Marc wanted to just "see" what would happen so he took her up there and put her in bed and read a couple books and.....WALKED OUT!! He left her in her bed BY HERSELF fully awake!!!!!!! You have no idea how huge this was for us! We heard her playing a little but we checked in on her 45 min. later and she was sound asleep!!! This is a major breakthrough for us and I am so excited that we did it!!




1 comment:
that is the cutest story.....good for you two. If I had that cute of a big girl bed, I would sleep in it every night.
Post a Comment