Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Karen Sue Irland: 1957- July 23, 2007

I just wanted to take this time and ask all our friends and family to keep my family in your prayers. My cousin, Karen, lost her 3 year battle to stomach cancer when she died Monday night in the comfort of her immediate family. When Karen was first diagnosed, they removed part of her stomach and thought all was good. The cancer came back with a vengeance 1 year ago and there was no stopping it this time. My wonderful Aunt Peggy (Dad's sister) seems to be handling it well probably b/c she had time to say everything she needed before her oldest daughter passed. I know watching your child die before your eyes is probably the hardest thing a parent could ever endure so the fact that she is keeping it together is amazing. I have to remind myself that God works in mysterious ways that I don't always understand. Please take a moment to pray for us as we get through this and don't forget to give your loved ones an extra long hug tonight. We love you Karen and will never forget your beautiful smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about your family's loss. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers! Love you, Jen.

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter