Sunday, August 19, 2007

Louisianna or bust...



So, after a 7 hour drive to Lafayette, LA, I finally got to hang with my girl, Jenifer, in her home-town that she has talked about for years and was so excited to show off. During out stay, we managed to eat and drink our way through "cajun-town"!! We dined on et-tu-phae (have NO idea how to spell that), gymbalaya (or that), stuffed pork chops, pistelettes, crab cakes, stuffed sno-cones, drive through daquaries (not to mention, every place seemed to have a 2-for-1 drink theme that was right up my alley), and the MOST amazing bread pudding I have ever put in my mouth!!!!!! I seriousley have not eatin this much in years! It was so worth it that I think I could probably do away with food all together for a week and my body would have enough in storage to keep me going. Who cares b/c it was so much fun seeing Jenifer, Mike and Kaitlynn that I can't wait to go back. Jenifer is almost 5 months pregnant, with baby #2 (I think it is a boy!!), and this girl still knows how to be the "hostess-with-the-mostess"! She had us going non-stop to where I was worn out and needed daily naps. :-) Love you Jen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I had so much fun and miss you already =(

I can't wait for you to come back so we can hit some festivals and me not be pregnant, ha!

The Mitchells said...

After these babies are born then I say we do another trip and hit all the drink places!!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter