Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Out...


I had such a wonderful and fulfilling Mother's Day this year. I went to church with my family and then to lunch where I literally got "pooped" on by my wonderful daughter. My Mom thinks she is cutting her 2-year molars which may be why she had stomach issues this day and woke up screaming her head off at 4am where she would not go back to sleep. I ended up getting in bed with her, in the guest room, and she kicked me in the back and stuck her finger in my eyes, ears, and nose until about 645a when she FINALLY fell asleep. But I woke up to her with her head on my pillow and we were nose-to-nose. I just laid there and smiled. I wanted to kill her several hours earlier but this was cute!! But at the end of lunch, my beautiful baby girl wanted to sit on my lap. I went to put her down and noticed poo all over my crisp white pants!! Yep, she got me good! Thank goodness for the diaper bag that covered it all up and a change of clothes for both of us in the car. After lunch, we were off to meet Marc's family (Marc didn't get to go b/c he was studying for a test on Monday)and my friend Jen Ballew's family at "The taste of Addison". Marc and I went last year for Mother's Day and had so much fun that I wanted to go back. The weather was amazing and the day was perfect. There was this water area (that last year I remember looking at it and thinking that next year Avery will be able to play)that the kids just ran through little springs that shot up from the ground. The water was freezing but the kids didn't seem to mind at all!! Then we were off to dinner at Nate's in Addison that to my surprise, Marc was able to finally join us!! When we got home, Avery got to open her new "Dora" bike that her Daddy bought her. Dora is her latest obsession (so sorry Elmo!!) and she is in love with it! We had such a long exhausting day that it is only fitting that the day that Avery and I woke up together should also end together. The last pic isn't the most flattering picture of me but I just had to share!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I LOVED the pic with her asleep on your lap.

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter