Monday, November 24, 2008

Elf on the Shelf....


We ordered this "Elf on the Shelf" that I was told about last year but Avery was still too young to understand. This year, we are having SO much fun w/ it. It came in the mail with a whole little note from Santa. Then she opens it up and we immediately read the book all about this adventure. She was told to name her Elf which she called "Baby" and somehow has morphed into "Christmas Baby". This little elf goes to see Santa Clause each night to report on whether or not she is a good or a bad girl. Each morning when Avery gets up, she looks for him just to find that he is in a new place. She can't touch him or his "magic" will go away and he will be unable to go see Santa Clause each night. Let's just say that at the first sight of bad behavior, we say "Oh, Christmas Baby...Please don't tell Santa that you saw Avery do that!!" and she suddenly ran over to where he was and screams "No, I no do that baby..Avery HAPPY!!". It's so much fun to manipulate in a good way!!!! It's a fun way to make this holiday more enjoyable for us all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally love that idea and if I weren't so dang tired, that Elf on the Shelf would be in the mail on the way to my house now, haha! SUCH a GREAT idea.....who told you about it?

Courtney said...

I laughed out loud!! This is the BEST idea ever!!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter