Friday, May 1, 2009

My home away from home!!


Well, I have had a whirl-wind of a week and although I wouldn't change it for the world...really looking forward to NOTHING being on my schedule this weekend. Time to focus on me and get back on track. But, when I got off that plane last Friday and saw Jen's beautiful face...I cried. It looked like home to me and so ready to just hug her! She is such an amazing friend and I know that everything that has gone on in my life in the last couple of months hurt her like hell and not being able to physically "be" here for me...devastating. But I know where her heart is without a shadow of a doubt. Being in Lafayette with her and her family was pure greatness. Everyone makes me feel so welcome and I was so happy to finally get to experience the "Festival" that I have heard Jen rave about for the last 5 years. The weather couldn't have been better if I ordered it myself and then come Monday morning, it rained and the timing couldn't have been better. The drive back was long but the company was great. I loved having her here this week and having a loving heart to come home to every day was nice. I love you Jen for all you do for me as a friend, sister, and fellow Mommy!!!!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Those were great pictures!! So glad you got to get away from Dallas and enjoy time with Jennifer. Have fun on your "time off" cause I will be there in 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

It was all my pleasure. I'm a do'er and just love to give. I hope I was of some help and assistance. I hope you are having a great weekend!! I had a great time too and am so happy that you came to my festival that I love love love! And I'm so glad Avery and Kaitlynn finally reunited since they were just babies! It was nice, thank you for making the trip! Love you bunches!

Leia said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Jenifer's been talking about the festivle for as long as I've known her, and I'm so glad that you got to experience it for yourself. How fun!!

Take care! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I love the new blog look....so cute!!! In honor of A's bday?? LOVE IT!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter