Friday, December 12, 2008

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone,"...

..."I can see all obstacles in my way"!! Well, not just yet but my vision is already pretty clear considering what they have been through already today. It was literally an in-an-out procedure, but not like they were just herding me through there like they would have at Dr. Boothe. They gave me a Valium and I thought it was to calm me down, but they give it to you right before the procedure more so you will go home and sleep for a couple of hrs. The procedure really took like 5-10 minutes and then I was out. On the way home, I literally could not keep my eyes open. Not b/c I was tired, but b/c they were really burning. I shakily walked straight into the house and went straight to bed wearing my "special" goggles. I slept for about 2 hrs but not really. It was that really weird sleep where your sleeping/dreaming but aware of your surroundings. I got up yelling for Marc who came in and put all the drops in my eyes b/c I was too scared to open them. It felt like my cornea might come off with it b/c they were so dry. Once I did open, I really could see! It's still fuzzy and feels like I have something in my contact, but I'm doing good. My eyes are really red and they look like broken blood vessels all around but tomorrow I should be good to go and told A that "NOW you can have Mommy's glasses and if you break them...so be it!!". Ding-dong the glasses are dead!!!!! Technology is an amazing thing. These are not my most beautiful pics but I don't care. The story behind them makes it all worth it. Here's to a brighter (and clearer) future!! Thanks to the amazing staff at Key-Whitman and suggest them to ANYONE looking to get this procedure done. Boothe was an awful experience and you are a #, not a person.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am soooo happy for you! I love the pics, hehe! I know how much you have hated those glasses and although I will miss those puppies, I look forward to seeing your pretty face fall asleep without them =) I cannot wait to see your gorgeous "new eyes"! I love you!

Leia said...

LMAO! That's a great look on you. I'm glad everything went well! I was thinking about you on Friday.

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter