Monday, December 29, 2008

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause...


It wasn't underneath the missle-toe but you get the idea!! We had an absolute BLAST this year!! We were like kids again gearing up for Santa to come!! I can honestly say that this was the best Christmas I have had in a long time and I got everything I wanted! A healthy family, a lot of good quality time, love, and all the food didn't hurt either. After putting Avery to sleep with visions of sugar plums dancing in her head, we were off to work. We had some nog-nog (which Marc made heavier on the nog part!!) and watched movies. Next thing you know, it is 3am!! My parents were to be here at 8am!!! Needless to say, we were some tired parents but nothing that some coffee couldn't help. After all the excitement of opening gifts, my parents left and we were left sitting in the aftermath. Exhausted, we cracked open the champagne for our annual day of mimosas and watched movies on the couch while Avery played with all things Princess. I even snuck in a little nap while Avery was down. That night we went over to my Dad's house and had some more holiday cheer. There was so much food that I literally gained 6 lbs in one day. That's fine...it was worth it!! The night ended w/ us going to the amazing house down the street that goes all out decorating for Christmas. Avery was scared last year but not this one. She couldn't believe that "Santie" was in their garage!! We also got another Christmas treat which was Avery doing some business in her potty!! She was on the big potty and fell head first on the groung (hence the band-aid on her forhead). Nothing since, but it was a pretty cool surprise! I hope everyone had a much needed break and good quality time w/ their families. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww!! Merry Christmas Hoopers! I love how much fun the kids are having right now (Avery & Kaitlynn....Brooke so doesn't get it) and I look forward to many more years of this! It's so funny to see early morning pics of you without your glasses, I still cannot wait to see you! You all look great and I so can't see the 6 lbs anywhere, you look beautiful! Love you!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter