Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Man-pa & me like to read...





My Dad came over the other night and read Avery her bed-time books. Poor guy couldn't read half the words since he's half blind (not really...just getting up there in age!)but he did it with no complaints and Avery loved every minute of it. Have I mentioned lately that bed-time is AMAZING right now. God made this happen at the absolute best point in my life b/c he knew at this moment I would need "me" time. I have put her to bed at 815p almost every night and on several occasions, she has asked me to not turn her music on or even too tired to say her prayers b/c she literally can't keep her eyes open. That's ok b/c like everything else in my life, I am strong for her and I will say her prayers for her and ask God to bless all the people and things in her life that I know are important to her. She is my rock right now and my reason to put one foot in front of the other. I know God blessed me w/ her to get me through what has happened and make me STRONG w/o self-destructing. I've seen friends do that during major life changing moments, and I just don't get that as an option. Thank you everyone for being there and thank you my beautiful daughter!! I hope one day you will appreciate my scarifies I have made for you and respect me for them. In the end, that is really all I want!!! I had no idea when I changed the title of our blog what meaning it would take on as the year progressed.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Avery is lucky to have such a strong mama and great man-pa!!!

Rozalyn Payne said...

I love you mama. Your love for your daughter is so precious! Avery is so blessed.;)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Man-pa and sweet A!!!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter