Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Better late than never....



Avery went a "little" overboard w/ my lipgloss but was proud of herself!

Avery & Daddy proud of her work!

We didn't actually get to celebrate Valentine's Day on Saturday, but I had off Monday and we took advantage of it then. I took A to school that morning then came home and Marc made me a fantabulous (my made up word) breakfast. We then went to the movies and saw "Taken" which was awesome and also completely disturbing all at the same time. It def. makes you reconsider how you raise your daughter and the tight grip I will have on her until she is 50!! Marc and I have really made an effort to have our special days together and going to the movies is something we used to do every Sunday night. I miss that and love that over the last couple months we have started doing this again. After the movie, we strolled around Target then picked up Avery from school where her teacher went on and on about how great she did on tracing her letters project that day at school. She said that Avery traced all the A's by herself which got her a smiley face and bragging rights to her other classmates. This school has been SO good for her and I am blessed to have found it. Last pic is her and her Daddy showing it off. After we picked her up, we went for some yummy Mexican food. AND...a special "Holla" out to my girl who has just taken the reigns on the whole potty training thing and has done so well. She wore big girl panties last night from the time she got home to the time she went to bed w/ NO accidents. The whole potty training slow-down is as much my fault as anything. Working full-time and having her on the go all weekend, it was just easier some times to keep that diaper on her. I know she can't wear it forever so this is exciting although I'm not ready to take it out in public but will give it a try soon. You go A-train!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Good for Avery on potty training - you will have to give me pointers when I have a little one. The boots.....seriously, can I say "hot mama"!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself or A where potty training is concerned...she's not even 3 yet. No matter what you do work-wise or when you do it, you have to do it when both of you are ready. I agree with Courtney, the boots are hot!!

Tobi Hickey said...

so glad you keep the boots....looking good mama!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter