Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nite-Nite and Sweet Dreams!!


Oh man, I totally DO NOT want to jinx myself but I just can't believe it!! I MAY have finally found a way (like I said...I DON'T want to jinx myself)to get Avery to go to sleep on her own!!!! For 4 nights straight now, I have put her in her bed (FULLY AWAKE) and dimmed the lights as low as they will go, turned on her classical music, left the door open, and walked out. I go back about 20 minutes later and the girl is O-U-T! Last night she even told me "Nite-Nite" now go! You don't have to tell me twice sister-sue, my butt is gone! I actually got some down time last night before putting myself to nighty-night time. I think I love this new life!! See...there's a reason I changed the name to our blog. C'mon world...bring it on!

5 comments:

Leia said...

What a little angel! I'm so glad that she's learning to put herself to bed. Way to go mama. Keep up the great work!

Dana said...

I love the time of night when Jackson goes to bed and I can do whatever I want! I'm so glad you have some time for yourself now!

Anonymous said...

I say just run with it! Pretend it's the only thing you've ever know and don't let her go back, haha! Great job!

Courtney said...

I don't know what it's like to put a child to bed yet..........but I do know that the bed is so cute!! ha ha

rjcpayne said...

YEAHHHHH..About time Avery! :) Once you are able to get her down early it's like you find all this "new time" each day. Pretty soon you'll be able to get her down at like 730-8p and then you'll have 3 hours of YOU TIME! Congrats baby!!!

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter