Monday, December 3, 2007
Well....
Avery has an upper respiratory infection, double ear infection, and a horrible soar throat! The Dr. looked in her ears and said "yep, there's the infection", then looked in her mouth and said, "nope, there's your problem!!". He said that she has puss-pockets all over her throat and immediately tested her for strep. It came back negative which is the good news, but the bad news is now we just have to wait it out. This is the first time she has EVER had anything other than an ear infection and the ONLY time I have ever got my Pedi. to acknowledge the severe cough she has had for 5 weeks now. I now understand why she has had nothing more than bananas, yogurt, saltine crackers, and puffs (crackers and puffs melt) for the past 3 days. Her throat hurts so bad that everything hurts her to eat. She has also lost a pound in the last 3 days too. So, I have been home with her for the past 3 days, Marc will be home with her tomorrow, we will tag-team her on Wednesday and I guess we will see how Thursday and Friday go. She is on antibiotics AGAIN for the ear infection and we just get to see how the rest goes. Oh, and the sight of a thermometer now makes her scream bloody murder. Luckily, Nana and Papa are downstairs giving me a break and I can hear her laughing. Of course they came bearing gifts and immediately put a smile on her face!! God bless grand-parents!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that poor Avery is so sick! It sounds like she is following right behind all of Kaitlynn's ailments.....we did the sore throat thing (and strep scare) twice, fever thing once and 5 rounds of antibiotics all since August 31st! And yes, she lost weight too, but has sinced gained more than 2 more pounds. I know that it is very hard and takes A LOT of work, just be thankful that you have Marc there to help! It does get better and happier times will be here soon! Hopefully she is just getting it out of her system to be ready for Santa!!! Hang in there!!!
I feel so sorry for Avery!!! I remember the sore throats when you want to spit out your spit and not swallow!!!!!! i miss you mags!!
Post a Comment