Susan showing off her gift
I got together with some of my old work girls (minus Andrea who had to entertain family - we missed you!!) and had a good ole' fashion "White Elephant Gift Exchange" party. Really, it was just an excuse to get together and chat, eat, and be merry! I worked with all these girls 5 years ago and I love that we are all still friends even though our lives are COMPLETELY different. Susan said tonight that she can't believe that she is 35, single, and no kids. Well, I told her that I can't believe that I am 33, married, and have a child considering we laughed about it just tonight how those are the 2 things that I have always said I would never do!! Even though I was dating Marc, I never wanted to be married. Funny how those things change! Well, we did our gift exchange and I literally ended up with a bamboo cup, a weird ornament, and a washing machine part. The best part of getting that was that my friend Susan was laughing so hard in anticipation of me opening up her gift that I thought she was going to pee herself! She had me laughing so hard that I think I kinda did! We had such a good time though and said that we were going to make this a tradition. Get ready Andrea b/c next year you may get the washing machine part as your gift!!!! :-)




3 comments:
How fun!!!!!
I would have given ANYTHING to have gotten a washing machine part last night!! Family was good, but friends would have been REALLY nice!!
Girlfriends are so much fun! I sure do miss you! PS-those jeans are looking FANTABULOUS on you! I can't wait to wear some real clothes and come see you! Love you!
Post a Comment