Saturday, October 6, 2007
Color me happy...or MAD!!
So, in one more attempt to do something good for my daughter, Marc and I decided to buy her some crayons. She has shown serious interest in coloring at school and just drawing in general. Well...we brought the little demons into our home Wednesday night and our life hasn't been the same since!!! At least I can say that for once, Avery loved what we got her and it only cost us $1.97! Great deal, huh?? These little wax sticks became a drug to her. You couldn't look at them, touch them, and if you even thought for a second to take them away....WELL, YOU JUST DIDN'T DO IT! They became a part of her wardrobe and no matter what she was doing, the crayons had to be a part of it. After the first night of playing with the crayons and drawing in her new coloring books, we made our first mistake of taking them away to go to bed. This became the most devastating part of her whole 16 1/2 month existence and if she were a teenager, she would have told us she HATED HER PARENTS!! It took us 45 minutes to get her to finally go to sleep b/c once her little "precious's" (I don't know if that is how you spell it, but I am going for drama here!!) were gone, her whole world came to an end as she knew of. I actually attempted to give her back one for each hand as she screamed bloody murder in her room. By then, she was so upset that not even her new best friends seem to comfort her in the darkness of her own bed. The second night went about the same but as the night went on, her crayons started to disappear one at a time. Hmmm...I wonder who took them. By the time they all "disappeared", Avery was on to me and knew exactly where they were being held!!! I think she could actually SMELL the dang things! Night #2 also ended in flames with Avery exploding into yet another fiery mess. Night #3 started off as normal but Avery then refused to part with them during dinner and proceeded to take them with her in the bathtub. By this time I was done, and so came the end of the 8 crayons that were Avery's new best friends. But, have no fear...they have left their "mark" on our lives and we are reminded of their memories whenever we look around like on the TV, the pillows, the carpet, her clothes, her highchair, and even a spot on poor 'ole Layla. NO... these little crayons will never be forgotten but that is okay b/c tonight the Hooper family had some peace amongst us and life again was good!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
This was the cutest story, EVER!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment