Friday, October 26, 2007

My sick baby girl!!!



Well, the time has come and Avery finally has come down with another MAJOR ear infection. I got a call from her day-care today telling me that she did not feel well. Even though she didn't have a fever, Mommy intuition got the best of me and out the door of my job I went. I will probably be fired but I don't care anymore. She is truly my life and when she hurts I hurt. I got there to find her eyes swollen, completely red, oozing, runny nose, and desperate for the attention and love that only her mommy can give. After waiting 5 hours to get her into the Dr.'s office, we were told that she has pink eye, a cold, and her right ear has a horrible infection. As most of you know, Avery was literally a "regular" at her pediatrician's office between the age of 3 months and 11 months. She has been on every antibiotic known that a child her age can be given. She has taken them all orally and by shot, and none seemed to make her ear infections go away. Once the tubes were put in, she has been ear-infection/antibiotic free for the past 5 months (no wonder they have been great and have flown by!!). As of today, her Dr. thinks that the tubes are not working and I may find myself back into his office for the next 5 months. My heart hurts so bad b/c she doesn't know how to tell me when she is hurting. I get frustrated at her when she whines (like she did Thursday night but had NO idea what Friday had in store for us) just to find out that her Pedi. tells me when an ear-infection like that, she should be wailing!! I feel aweful that I didn't see it coming but never expected the infection since she has been doing so good since her tubes. We will be making an appt. w/ the E.N.T. next week and see if we have to start this whole procedure over again. On a happier note, this is her and her Daddy playing "horsey" tonight and it was the happiest she had been all day!!! She is in such a "Daddy" phase right now (and Marc is in heaven b/c of it)that this was really great to see. It made me laugh, and put a huge smile on A's face!

No comments:

lilly pie

Lilypie

site meter